Welcome to Aurora Elementary!
Welcome to our website. Our site provides information about happenings within our school community. The tabs across the top of the page will take you to pages specific to your needs. To find class websites go to the e-teachers page and select the class. Newsletters are published monthly and can be accessed through the link on the left hand side of this page. Please take a moment to explore our site and get to know us better!
Aurora is a K-4 school of approximately 385 students. It was built in 1992. We are located in Drayton Valley, Alberta, 100 km. southwest of Edmonton. Our school division is Wild Rose School Division, whose central office is located in Rocky Mountain House. Our special programs include: Aurora Watch, after school P.E., lunch program, annual concerts, monthly assemblies, choirs, cultural performances, daily P.E., enrichment, house leagues, learning expedition, running/walking club, road runners, archery,and health champions.
To provide the best well-rounded education to the Aurora School community within a caring environment.
Safe & Caring
- a place where all children feel accepted by everyone
- a family atmosphere promoting enjoyment of learning by everyone
- staff friendliness and high staff morale
- clear, strong, consistent discipline procedures
- safe, clean, facility and grounds
- involved parents and an effective School Council
- a broad program exposing students to a variety of learning opportunites that promote emotional, academic, social and physical well-being
- high academic standards revolving around literacy and numeracy
- assessment for learning emphasis
- strong but judicious, use of technology, including Smart Boards
- strong, collaborative school leadership
- effective, focused Professional Learning groups
- enrichment opportunities for students to stretch themselves usning Multiple Intelligences
- regular recreational activities for everyone
- regular opportunities to laugh together