Welcome to Aurora Elementary!
Welcome to our website. Our site provides information about happenings within our school community. The tabs across the top of the page will take you to pages specific to your needs. To find class websites go to the e-teachers page and select the class. Newsletters are published monthly and can be accessed through the link on the left hand side of this page. Please take a moment to explore our site and get to know us better!
Aurora is a K-4 school of approximately 385 students. It was built in 1992. We are located in Drayton Valley, Alberta, 100 km. southwest of Edmonton. Our school division is Wild Rose School Division, whose central office is located in Rocky Mountain House. Our special programs include: Aurora Watch, after school P.E., lunch program, annual concerts, monthly assemblies, choirs, cultural performances, daily P.E., enrichment, house leagues, learning expedition, running/walking club, road runners, archery, and health champions.
To provide the best well-rounded education to the Aurora School community within a caring environment.
SAFE & CARING
- a place where all children feel accepted
- an inclusive atmosphere promoting enjoyment of learning
- a place that promotes social and emotional well being
- staff friendliness and high staff morale
- clear, strong, consistent discipline procedures
- safe, clean, facility and grounds
- involved parents and an effective School Council
- a broad program exposing students to a variety of learning opportunities to promote emotional, academic, social, and physical well-being
- high academic standards revolving around literacy and numeracy
- assessment for learning emphasis
- strong, but judicious, use of technology
- strong, collaborative school leadership
- effective, focused Collaborative Response
- enrichment opportunities for students to grow
-in all aspects of life
-use of alternative learning environments and opportunities
- regular recreational activities for everyone
- regular outdoor recreational activities
- bringing awareness and opportunities to partake in wellness activities